Go Green for Big Red
UNL Recycling partners with Recycling Enterprises to encourage recycling on Husker game days. The effort focuses on parking lots and walkways on UNL property around Memorial Stadium.
If your group is interested in volunteering for the 2014 season, please contact the recycling coordinator at 402-472-9139 or at email@example.com
Recycling at UNL Relies on You.
The UNL Recycling Program is vital and busy and we're ready to help you recycle. Due to budget reductions there is no full-time recycling coordinator and custodial support has been largely eliminated. Our systems today require a little more self-initiation on your part...but it's simple and here's how you can help us help you recycle:
- Identify the large brown or gray recycling transfer containers (50 or 96 gal.) in your building or work area. These are sometimes located on or near the building's loading dock. Call 402-472-9139 if you are unsure of the location.
- Empty small office recycling containers (3 gal.) into the corresponding large transfer containers or recycling dumpster.
- Tote the larger recycling transfer container to the dock or receiving area of the building. This requires coordination between the Recycling Pick-Up Schedule and office staff. If you're unsure about pick up times call 402-472-9139. Too busy or container too heavy? Ask a student to help; they have strong minds and strong arms.
- Monitor your work area. If you see recycling overflow, pick up around the container, refer to and identify recycling pick-up days, if pick-up does not occur for a few days and it just can't wait, call 402-472-9139 or e-mail recycling[at]unl.edu.
- Use less paper in your copier. Set your default print type on your copier to double sided and save paper.
Mixed Office Paper:
Have a question? Call: 402-472-9139 or 402-472-2679
In 2013 UNL recycled 53.0% of its waste.
Let's continue to strive to increase our percentage at UNL.
As a result of your recycling efforts we have saved:
- 3,793 Metric Tons of Carbon Dioxide Emissions of greenhouse gas emissions from…
- 799 passenger vehicles for a year
- 9,030,952 miles driven
- 9,152,023 kWh of energy or CO2 emissions reductions from…
- 20 railcars of coal burned
- 346 homes for one year
- Switching 99,215 incandescent light bulbs to CFLs
- Constructing 1 new wind turbine
- Carbon sequestration equaled…
- 3,109 acres of forest for a year
- 97,256 tree seedlings grown for 10 years
(Source EPA WARM)