Go Green for Big Red
UNL Recycling partners with Recycling Enterprises to encourage recycling on Husker game days. The effort focuses on parking lots and walkways on UNL property around Memorial Stadium.
If your group is interested in volunteering for the 2016 season, please contact the recycling coordinator at 402-472-9139 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recycling at UNL Relies on You.
The UNL Recycling Program is vital and busy and we're ready to help you recycle. Due to budget reductions there is no full-time recycling coordinator and custodial support has been largely eliminated. Our systems today require a little more self-initiation on your part...but it's simple and here's how you can help us help you recycle:
- Identify the large brown or gray recycling transfer containers (50 or 96 gal.) in your building or work area. These are sometimes located on or near the building's loading dock. Call 402-472-9139 if you are unsure of the location.
- Empty small office recycling containers (3 gal.) into the corresponding large transfer containers or recycling dumpster.
- Tote the larger recycling transfer container to the dock or receiving area of the building. This requires coordination between the Recycling Pick-Up Schedule and office staff. If you're unsure about pick up times call 402-472-9139. Too busy or container too heavy? Ask a student to help; they have strong minds and strong arms.
- Monitor your work area. If you see recycling overflow, pick up around the container, refer to and identify recycling pick-up days, if pick-up does not occur for a few days and it just can't wait, call 402-472-9139 or e-mail recycling[at]unl.edu.
- Use less paper in your copier. Set your default print type on your copier to double sided and save paper.
Mixed Office Paper:
Have a question? Call: 402-472-9139 or 402-472-2679
In 2015 UNL diverted 51.0% of its solid waste.
Let's continue to strive to increase our recycling rate here at the UNL.
As a result of your recycling efforts in 2015,
UNL was able to:
- 7,132 barrels of oil
- 345,754 gallons of oil
- 280 homes worth of energy use per year
- 646 passenger vehicles from the road
- 78,637 tree seedlings
(All the Greenhouse gas equivalencies are reported using EPA WARM Model version 14.0)